#SUMMERNORULES: Favorite Neon

Today's #SUMMERNORULES theme is Favorite Neon and as I love a good neon, I have quite a few to choose from. I love a lot of them, some of my favorites right now are China Glaze Grass is lime Greener, Lotus Begin and my favorite neon glitter is NailPatternBoldness Flipping Out Hard. But my all time favorite neon is still the very first neon I ever tried.

China Glaze Surfin' for boys is an orange tinted coral with a very subtle pink shimmer. The shimmer is so subtle you can hardly see it on the nail, but it does give this polish depth and dimension.


The formula is absolutely awful! It's the worst out of all the neons I've tried and believe me, that's saying something! Every time I paint my nails with this polish, I wonder why the heck this is my favorite, but as soon as I'm finished and I see the result, I always know exactly why! This polish dries so fast, it's impossible to work with. It's streaky and patchy and you can't fix any mistakes because it dries so fast and going over the same spot twice is not an option, you'll just drag the polish away.


But just look at that! Isn't that stunning? This is without topcoat and I actually like it best without, but in order to have this not chip after a couple of hours, I always add a topcoat and it's still extremely pretty when it's shiny.


My bottle has been well loved and I kinda hope this has something to do with the crap formula too, but if I'm being honest, this has always been a pain to get on my nails. But it's definitely worth every bit of hassle! I wouldn't recommend this if you just started painting your nails, but if you're a little used to working with difficult formulas, pick this up!

What's your favorite neon?

X

4 comments:

  1. Love that matte finish! Gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I really can't seem to get enough of it :D

      Delete
  2. Great colour...looks like you have the application down pat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... it took a lot of swearing at the bottle though :=

      Delete