China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener

I've been waiting for the new China Glaze Spring 2014 City Flourish collection for a while now. Ever since I saw the first promo pictures, I knew I wanted a few of them. The first swatches didn't dissapoint, so I basically stalked all the usual sites I get my China Glaze form and ordered 3 of them as soon as they came available. Yesterday, they finally arrived on my doormat and I couldn't wait to try them!

I've been coveting this one especially since the first promotions and of course it's the first to go on my nails. China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener is a bright lime green cream. It's so bright, it almost looks like a neon lime green.


The formula... well.. to say it's tricky would be an understatement. It's streaky, patchy and don't even try to go over the same spot twice, because you'll end up with big bald spots. I found that the best way to get this even on your nails is to make sure you have enough polish on your brush, do slightly thicker coats and use the 3 strokes method. It's opaque in 2 - 3 coats, depending on how thick you make them. I did 2, still a little streaky, but nothing a good coat of top coat couldn't fix.



But when you give me color like this, I really don't care about the bad formula. It's absolutely gorgeous! So bright and vibrant, it glows on my nails. It did dry a little matte, so you need top coat to get the shine. I'm in love, this will get a lot of use in spring and summer.


Did you get any of the City Flourish polishes and which one is your favorite?

X

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Although it looks a bit pastel...

    I'm having serious issues with myself about Lime Greener and Honk...
    Doubts, doubts... Hard life for a polish addict, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsa that is bright and it looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete