piCture pOlish Fool's Gold

If you've been reading my little blog for a while, you probably know that I'm a huge fan of Picture Polishes. I just love their formula, even though I did finally come across the first with a trickier formula recently. In the last few months, I've picked up quite a few of them, so you're going to be seeing a lot of this brand here.

Today I have one of their collaboration shades.

Picture Polish Fool's Gold is a turquoise base with gold micro glitter and shimmer. It was created with Sam from The Nailasaurus, whom I've been following for a while. If you have shorter nails, she's the girls to follow, because hers are just stunning! If you want to read all about how she came up with this polish, click here.


The formula is so nice, it's like applying a smooth cream instead of a glitter. It's one of those polishes that is a little sheer on the first coat, but pretty much opaque on the second. You might need 3 coats if you do really thin coats, but it dries so fast, 3 coats is a breeze.


Turquoise is a tricky color for me to wear, it can wash me out really quickly, so when I first got this polish, I was really scared this wouldn't suit my skintone. But I have to say, I really like it. It's just bright enough for me to pull off.



I always prepare myself for stained nails when I wear turquoise, blue or teal, but I didn't have any issues with this polish. No staining to be seen and that's always a huge plus in my books!

Picture Polish is available on their website and via a lot of international stockists like Harlow&Co, Color4Nails and Pretty Polish. Just check their listing to see which one is easiest for you.

What do you think about Fool's Gold? Do you love it as much as I do?

X

6 comments:

  1. Ik hou van die kleur en glitters zijn ook altijd leuk vind ik. SOms alleen zo lastig weer eraf te halen. Heb je daar tips voor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik heb een heel makkelijk trucje om lastige glitters te verwijderen:
      Doordrenk een watje met nagellak remover, plaats op je nagel en omwikkel met zilverfolie. Laat dit een paar minuten zitten en dan veeg je de glitterlak er zo af :)

      Maar ik moet zeggen dat ik dat met dit lakje niet nodig had, de glitter ging er heel gemakkelijk af.

      Delete