Hare Polish Electric Flame

Today is a sad day for me. It marks the end of my holiday and I am back at work. No more sleeping in till 10 if I feel like it, doing whatever I want, whenever I want... no, it's back to normal. My holiday is also the reason it's been extremely quiet here on my little corner of the world wide web. I didn't paint my nails as often and I decided to take a little holiday from my blog too. But I'm back and I have a lot of gorgeous polishes to show you, starting with a gorgeous indie polish.

Hare Polish Electric Flame is an orange jelly with iridescent blue flakies. According to Hare, there should be small blue hexes in this polish, but I haven't seen one yet. This is part of the Illuminated Life collection which was released in the fall of 2012, but it should still be available.


The polish was on the sheer side, you could get it opaque in 3 - 4 coats, but I decided to layer it over a pastel peach base. This dried incredibly fast and reasonably shiny, but to get the flakies to pop, I did need a layer of shiny top coat.


Isn't that lovely? I really like it, but I just wish the flakies would stand out a bit more on the nail. I think the opaque base just made this to opaque for the flakies, so I'm going to try this on its own next time and although I really love this polish, I didn't get the wow factor I was expecting.


It is a gorgeous polish though and if you like orange polish, I would definitely recommend it. I love an orange nail, but I know it's not for everyone. This one is bright and fun, but not in your face bright.

Do you like orange polish or are you staying far far away from it?

X

0 comments:

Post a Comment