China Glaze Neon Gradient

Happy Friday everybody! Oh... wait... it's only Wednesday... but since it's the last day this week I'll spend at work, it feels like Friday! The only thing left in order to have a perfect weekend is for the weather to clear up and the sun to come out.

In order to at least have some sunshine on my nails, I decided to try my hand at a neon gradient. I'm not know for being the best at gradients, I'm kinda hit or miss, but this turned out really well I think.


I used all China Glaze neon polishes, Surfin' for boys, Flip flop Fantasy and Sun Worshipper. The colors work really well together and it actually looks like a neon sunset on my nails.


I always make a mess when doing a sponge gradient like this, so to make clean up a little easier, I've tried all kinds of methods: scotch tape, lip balm, etc. but nothing works as well as applying a good amount of Vaseline to my cuticles and skin around the nail. After you let the polish dry, you can just take a brush and wipe away the excess. Easy peasy!


I love how sunny and bright this gradient is, I can't stop staring at my nails and I've had quite a few comments on it already. You can of course do this with every single color you'd like, the possibilities are endless!

Have you tried a sponged gradient and what is your favorite color combination?

X

0 comments:

Post a Comment