Maybelline Volum'Express One by One Mascara

I love make-up, I can get extremely excited about a new eyeshadow, lipstick, blush, etc. If I feel sad, the best way to cheer me up is by buying make-up and one of my favorite things to buy is mascara. I have a lot of them, high end, budget and everything in between.

Today I want to show you a mascara that is (well, was, because I've been testing it for quite some time) new to my collection.

When I was on holiday, I was getting ready for a night out and applied my eyeshadow, eyeliner, etc. I really liked how it turned out and I reached into my make-up bag for my mascara to finish off my eyemake-up and my heart stopped. I packed everything, but I left my mascara behind!

I think almost everybody who wears make-up agrees with me that mascara brings everything together and is an absolute must! So off to the store I went! I wanted to get another mascara, but they didn't have that one, so I opted for Maybelline Volum'Express One by One Mascara in Satin Black.


The packaging is like all the other Maybelline mascara's, just in a different color, a very nice coral with sleek black lettering. Maybelline has some great things to say about this mascara:

Finally, bold volume without any of the bulk.
• Patented Lash Catcher™ brush has 3 bristles per lash to make every lash count
• Catches, coats and de-clumps each lash to make them all fatter and flirtier
• Instant clump-free volume
• Contact lens safe and ophthalmologist-tested
• Washable, also available in Waterproof formula
 
For Best Results: 
Sweep brush upwards from root to tip to add volume to each lash. Continue building lashes until you reach your desired look. Do not let dry between coats. Removes easily with soap and water or Expert Eyes® 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover.

Sounds nice, but does it deliver?


The brush is really big and I'm not a big fan of big brushes, but this one handles really nicely. It gives my lashes length and seperates every single lash, without clumping or flaking. I have really light lashes and this, so I love how black this mascara makes my lashes.

I didn't really notice any big volume. It does give a you a bit, but I like my mascara to give me a lot of volume!

Naked lashes
2 coats of One by One
Overall I really like this mascara! I always use this if I want a more natural look. This does the best job at seperating my lashes and coating each and every single one of them. I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for a lengthening mascara.

If you live in The Netherlands like I do, you're in luck!
Kruidvat is having a buy one get one free offer on all Maybelline products, including this great mascara.

What's your favorite mascara?

X

4 comments:

  1. Time to head back to the drug store, I love the natural look. Very pretty eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than this is a great mascara for you!
      Thanks Marianne.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful eyes my friend! The perfect mascara is always on my mind. I will try all the drugstore ones at least once usually. I have a lot of natural length so I always look for thickening or volume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaime! I like this, but I do like a bit more... drama I guess, lol.

      Delete