Polishes I love that don't love me back!

Today's post is a little differrent than my normal post. I usually post about polish I really like and show you nice looking pictures. It's not unusual for me not to like the formula, drytime or finish of the polish, but this post is all about those polishes that I absolutely love in the bottle and that have a perfectly fine formula, but once I have them on my nails... brrr.... they make me look like I've been dead for at least 3 years!

I think every polish lover has come across polishes like this and we polish freaks tend to get very good at staying away from those colors. But still, every now and then I can't help myself and I just have to have a polish, because it's just so so pretty in the bottle. The fact that my skintone is screaming "Don't do it! Don't do it!!!" at me is completely irrelevant, it ends up in my little stash anyway.

Today I'm showing you a few of these polishes. I just had to have them and I love them, but they just don't love me back. Get ready for some pictures that make me look like I'm auditioning for The Walking Dead!

OPI Mod about you. I love love love this polish! I have worn this, even though it does nothing for me. I want to make it work, but I'm afraid I have to give up. It's just too cute and sweet for me.


Essie Lilacism. This is a cult favorite and I understand why. It's so calm, understated and sophisticated. But on me, it's horrible! (and that's an understatement...)


Essie Lapiz of Luxury. Gorgeous blue cream that I lusted after for a long time before finally bying it. You can imaging my dissapointment when I painted this on my nails and I looked like dead walking. Luckily, this polish works really well as an undie for one of my favorite glitters, Smurf Dance.


China Glaze Lemon Fizz. This is a gorgeous pale yellow cream with a not so gorgeous formula. It's streaky, patchy, goopy and it needs 3 coats to even out, but I love the color! This is one of those polishes that really don't like me, but I don't care, I still wear this in summer, just because I love it and it makes me happy.


And finally, I saved the best of the worst for last: China Glaze Fast Track. This is such a gorgeous polish! A light neutral beige with golden glitter, what's not to love? But on me... on boy... This is probably the ugliest color ever made for my skintone! I wish I could pull this one off, but I just can't. I can't even say anything nice about it, it's just a horrible color for me.


I'm sure I will be purchasing more, I can't seem to help myself, but for now, that's it! If  you are lucky enough that these polishes do work for you, I'm extremely jealous!

Did you ever buy a color knowing it wouldn't suit your skintone, but you bought it anyway?

X

16 comments:

  1. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a bad nailpolish colour for your skintone! I never thought about it but now it makes sense why some colours just don't look good on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Lapiz of Luxury isn't that bad for your skin tone...
    But for the rest... I'm sorry, but you're right. Some of this polishes just don't match... Although some of them look gorgeous in the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks ok in this picture, but trust me, in real life it's horrible!

      Delete
  3. Prachtig verwoord !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemon Fizz vind ik nog best prima hoor! :)
    En taupe-kleurtjes staan mij ook totaal niet..

    ReplyDelete
  5. En leuk origineel artikel! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ik vind dat lakje van OPI nog best goed staan zo bij je huiskleur! Maar misschien komt dat omdat ik veel van roze hou haha. Geel staat bij mij ook absoluut niet, brrr! En toch heb ik 3 gele lakjes in mijn stash...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, ik hou eigenlijk helemaal niet van roze, maar deze vind ik super!
      Maar ik krijg zo veel commentaar als ik hem draag, lol.

      Delete
  7. Oh the Yellow One! <3 Love it! But I think I might have the same problem with it as you have.. Yellow doesn't like me at all..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I buy the ones I like and hope for the best...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!
      I usually do too, but some colors just don't look good on me.

      Delete
  9. Mod about you vind ik ook fantastisch mooi en is een van mijn all time favorites van OPI!

    ReplyDelete