Mani Monday's: Chinese New Year


Happy Monday everybody! Did you have a good weekend? I didn't do anything special, went to the gym, had diner with  my husband and finally watched Catching Fire. I just can't wait for the last 2 instalments of The Hunger Games!

When I saw today's theme, I automatically thought about the gorgeous, colorfull paper dragons you see everywhere on Chinese New Year. I really wanted to paint one of those on my nails, but I also instantly knew that was going to be a problem with my limited skills. So, on to YouTube I went!

I found a tutorial for a dragon that still looked quite complicated, but I wanted to give it a go anyway. I have to say, I ended up not hating my result and I'm actually quite proud of my little dragen! Am I 100% happy and is my dragon perfect? No, absolutely not, but for a free hand dragon, I think he's looking quite good!




I decided to add a little glitter for the cherry blossom instead of painting on all the leaves, because glitter makes every mani better and, let's face it, I wasn't going to be able to paint all those tiny leaves without messing up completely.

What do you think of when you think of Chinese New Year?

X

5 comments:

  1. Ik kan maar één ding zeggen, wauw !
    Hoe doe je dat toch keer op keer op zulke prachtige manicures te maken.

    Vraagje, hoe verzorg jij je nagels ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bedankt! Heel veel oefenen en heel veel failures :D

      Ik gebruik altijd een base coat om mijn nagels te beschermen en verzorg mijn nagelriemen elke dag met olie of creme, zoals Lemony Flutter of andere nagelriem creme. Verder gebruik ik een nagelbalsam voordat ik mijn base coat lak. Trind heeft een hele fijne, maar die is vrij prijzig. Ik gebruik nu eentje van P2 en die bevalt ook erg goed.

      Delete
  2. I love this mani SO much! I'm in awe that you free-handed that dragon because it's amazing!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lu! It took me some time to get him right, but I do feel it was worth it!

      Delete