China Glaze Immortal

We were promissed snow this week, but unfortunately, all I've seen is a lot of rain and wind. It's just so grey and gloomy outside, I really felt like having a polish on my nails to match, so I gazed at all my polishes and picked one that looked like storm in a bottle, but in the best possible way.

China Glaze Immortal is a midtoned grey polish with a ton of shimmer. It looks like silver shimmer at first glance, but when you look closer, you see it's not silver at all, but a gorgeous blue and purple.


The formula is nice, a bit on the sheer side, but I was able to get it opaque in 2 coats. It's easy to paint on the nail and it dries fast enough. This polish was part of the Halloween 2012 Wicked collection and has sadly been discontinued, but I only picked it up recently, so it's still available on eBay.



I absolutely love this polish! I love a nice grey polish, but the shimmer makes it simply stunning and a totally unique polish in my stash. Normally you only see shimmer like this when you're in direct sunlight, but with this polish it's definitely noticable all the time. I would absolutely recommend picking this up if you have the chance.


Do you have a seemingly simple polish that turns out to be stunning and totally unique in your collection?

X

2 comments:

  1. Great grey, kind of looks like Essie's Cashmere Bathrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, but only a little.
      The shimmer is quite different and Cashmere Bathrobe is darker.

      Both are pretty, but I think I prefer this one, as the shimmer is more noticable.

      Delete