OPI Samoan Sand

Today I have a polish for you that is totally out of my comfort zone. When I did the Mani Monday nude polish, I realized I don't own a single nude polish. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but having a nice, nude color in your stash that matches your skintone perfectly is, in my opinion, a very good thing to have.

I sadly realized this when I was confronted with the passing of a co-worker and I had no clue what to wear in case I had to attend a funeral. Color is just not appropriate and naked nails is not an option for me, because of discoloration. I immediately started researching nude colors to find my perfect match, but every single polish was just to dark. That is, untill I tried OPI Samoan Sand. This is a very pale nude cream polish. I think it's kinda ugly in the bottle...


When I held the bottle against my skin, it actually looked really nice. It was the closest I could find to my skintone, so I decide to give it a go and bought it. I was really afraid I would hate it on my nails, because, well... I just don't do nude nails. Imagine my surprise when I actually really liked! It's so calm and understated, it gives a really sophisticated look to my nails and it matches my skintone perfectly.


3 coats Samoan Sand, 1 coat SV
The formula on this polish surprised me, in a good way. I thought it was going to be sheer as hell, streaky and patchy as these light colors tend to be, but this was really nice to work with. It did take 3 coats to be fully opaque, but it levelled on the nail really easy and dried fast, so 3 coats wasn't a big deal.


I've worn this allready and not for the sad occasion I bought it for. I think this is a very versatile polish to have and it will definitely get a lot of use from me. I already have several nail art projects in mind using this polish.

How do you feel about nude polish and what is the best one for your skintone?

X

4 comments:

  1. It looks nice Anca. I discovered how much I dont care for nudes on a regular basis but it is so true...sometimes they are whats appropiate! Glad younfound your perfect nude. I am still on the hunt for a perfect creamy colored nude. I think I will enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is really nice, but you do have to be really pale for it to work.

      Delete