OPI Call me Gwen-ever

I have been doing a lot of fall manicures lately and a stable color I used was a gorgeous dusty orange cream. I think this is fall in a bottle when you want a bit of a brighter color and I grab this a lot this time of year.

OPI Call me Gwen-ever was part of the 2012 Spiderman collection. It's, like I said, a dusty orange cream. I really like orange polish, I wear bright, neon, glitter, shimmer and every other orange polish you can think of,  but if you don't like bright, in your face orange, than this polish might be the one for you.


This is, in my book, the perfect fall color. It reminds me of the leaves, just before they turn brown. The formula is not bad, it's a little streaky, but levels out nicely on the nail. It's opaque in 2 - 3 thin coats and dries fast.


3 coats Gwen, 1 coat HK Girl
The bubbles aren't bubbles at all, but I took these pictures outside... in the rain... couldn't escape the raindrops...
I think this is an orange that will suit a lot of skintones and it's even appropriate for the office. I got so many nice complements on my manicure when I wore this, totally didn't expect that, because it's so demure. I even had to write the name of this polish down for a total stranger when I was buying groceries, because she never thought of orange as a color to wear on her nails, but this looked spectacular! (her words, but, well, I do agree!)


What do you think about orange nails and what is your favorite orange polish?

X






3 comments:

  1. Lovin' this...I don't think I have ever seen it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check it out, it's absolutely gorgeous in a veruy subtle way!

      Delete
  2. Very nice. I will be on the hunt for this one!

    ReplyDelete