Mani Monday's: Canadian Thanksgiving


Another week, another Monday, another Mani Monday! This time with a theme that's kinda hard for me, Canadian Thanksgiving. I am not Canadian and don't celebrate Thanksgiving, so I had no clue what to do with this theme. I checked Youtube, asked some friends and even asked for help on Instagram...

When I think of Thanksgiving, I think of turkey, family, friends, football and a parade. So I decided to pick one of those things and try to create a fun mani... Boy, did I fail...

This has to be one of my worst attempts at nail art ever! I know what it's supposed to be, but if I would've had to guess by just looking at my mani, I wouldn't have had a clue!

I started of with a white base and added some red with a striper to create the Canada part of this mani. I was going to give the Maple Leaf a go, but decided to skip that part after my horrible fail with the rest of this mani.

My boyfriend scales walls, drugstore striper
On my accent nail, I used a few different polishes for my design.

Call me Gwen-Ever, Papaya Punch, Street Chic, Liquid Leather
This is were it all went horribly wrong... I had visions of a wonderfull bird on my nail, but ended up with a 3 year olds version of a turkey. Well, actually a 3 year old might do better! I wasn't even going to show you, but I figured you could all use a good laugh, so here we go:



Yeah, I know, it's bad... I think I will just quickly forget about this weeks debacle and move on to next week.

X

6 comments:

  1. This is not bad at all Anca!! It totally looks like a turkey and it totally looks Canadian!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I think you did a great job!! You know, I thought about what to do all week for this week and then it occurred to me that I wasn't going to be painting pumpkin pies (or anything else) on my nails for the US Thanksgiving, so why was I agonizing over what to do for the Canadian Thanksgiving?! So, lame as it was, I just went with fall colors - lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin!!! Now why didn't I think of that?
      That would've been perfect and probably a lot easier than this stinkin' turkey!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, but maybe I should give up on the art part, lol!

      Delete