Mani Monday's: Favorite Red part 1


Today's Mani Monday theme is Favorite Red!
Well, red happens to be my favorite nail polish color and I have a lot of them. In my book, red is a color that fits every occasion, you just can't go wrong with a red nail. Classic red, vampy red, red with shimmer, micro glitter, large glitter, bright red... there's a red for every one!

So you can imagine my dilemma with just choosing one favorite red polish. I felt it wouldn't do the magnificence of red nail polish justice, so I decided to do Mani Monday's a little different this time.

I did pick my all time favorite red nail polish and I will definitely show you this polish, including swatches. But not untill tomorrow. This also has to do with my more than busy weekend, which lead to me not being able to paint my nails. I'm still rocking the B&W mani...

Today I have my favorite reds for you. Yes, Reds, plural. I think all these polishes are awesome in there own way and deserve a little bit of time in the spotlight. I devided them up in to categories, so let's get started!

Red with golden micro glitter/shimmer

Misa Girl Friday, OPI Smitten with Mittens, OPI The spy who loved me
This is one of my favorite types of red! I love the combination of a red polish with a hint of gold. It's just so classy and gives extra depth to the polish.

Girl Friday has a perfect formula, glides on the nail, opaque in 2 thin coats, dries really fast and looks stunning. Misa is one of my favorite brands, every single polish I own has this perfect formula. I just wish they would make more colors.

Smitten with Mittens is a deep red with golden micro glitter. Just perfect! Opaque in 2 thin coats, dries really fast and just makes me happy when I look at it. Unfortunatelly it was a limited edition holiday 2009 polish. It is still available on eBay, but it's not cheap...

The spy who loved me is part of the 2012 James Bond collection. This polish is an orange based red with golden micro glitter. Stunning and really gorgeous paired with OPI Goldeneye.

Red creams, crelly's and jelly's

OPI Girls just want to play, OPI Wocka Wocka, OPI An affair in Red Square
Essie Limited Addiction, Essie Skirting the issue, China Glaze Vermillion, China Glaze Phat Santa
You can never go wrong with a red cream, jelly or crelly. Fits every occasion and every outfit. Red is flattering on just about every skintone and with the jelly's you can make all kinds of different jelly sandwiches.

Girls is a raspberry red crelly. It is an older polish and I love this formula. Opaque in 2 coats, dries really fast and the finish is incredibly shiny. My perfect summer red.

Wocka Wocka is part of the 2011 Muppets collection and a hidden treasure in my book. Everybody was talking about the gorgeous glitters in that collection and although I do like those, I love me some Wocka Wocka!

An affair in Red Square is part of the 2007 Russian collection and has a slight shimmer. It looks similar to Wocka Wocka, but there is a slight difference in tone.

Ok, just typing Russian Collection and realized I totally forgot to include Vodka & Caviar! Don't know how that happened, because I hunted that polish down like a mad woman and I absolutely love it!

Limited Addiction is nice midtoned red cream. Just gorgeous.

Skirting the issue is an oxblood red jelly. Perfect for jelly sandwiches.

Vermillion is a blue toned red cream. I looked for a blue toned red cream polish for so long and was dissapointed so many times. Not with Vermillion! It's stunning on the nail.

Phat Santa, I love that name! And this midtone red polish is just awesome.

Red Glitter

Orly Devil may care, China Glaze Ruby Pumps, Girly Bits Rogue, Colors by Llarowe Billy Jean
Red glitter polish... do I need to say more?

Devil may care is red and gold gitter in a clear base. This polish basically screames Christmas to me. Pefect layered over any red base.

Ruby pumps is red glitter in a red base. Opaque on its own in just 2 coats and beautiful, but even better layered over a vampy color like China Glaze Lubu Heels. It makes it extra chic.

Girly Bits Rogue, my favorite red indie. For a full review, click here.

And last, but certainly not least, the newest edition to my stash: Colors by Llarowe Billy Jean. Vampy, stunning and a dream to work with. LOVE it!

What's your favorite Red? And what do you think my all time favorite red polish is?
For the answer, check out my blog tomorrow for swatches :D

X


14 comments:

  1. Oef... Now i wanna wear red :').
    Love them, ALL of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a great blog post! I loved reading about all of your favorites and I might have to pick up the Orly Devil May Care - lol! Can't wait to see what your mani will be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lu!
      Devil is stunning and a dream to work with. Definitely pick it up if you have the change :D

      Delete
  3. You are just like me... I have such issues with picking a favourite of any colour... I have too many of each to narrow it down. You have some amazing picks though xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... it's a problem, lol!
      Can't wait to see yours :D

      Delete
  4. Red and I must need to get to know eachother better. Seems like all the girls are loving red! These are all very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you need to get better acquainted with red!
      May I suggest An affair in Red Square?
      Suits every skintone, has a subtle shimmer and if you're in a hurry, you can get away with just 1 coat :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I don't own that one, but just googled it and it looks gorgeous!

      Delete
  6. Good picks! It is always so difficult to narrow down my choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      That's why I cheated just a little on this theme, lol.

      Delete