Waat Beauty Box July 2013

Yesterday, I received the WAAT Beauty Box. This is a monthly subscription Beauty Box which contains 5 full size products. At the moment they just ship to The Netherlands and Belgium. This is a fairly new box, this is only the 4th box (and my second), and the reviews have been very... diverse...

Last month was a disaster box! WAAT included products that have been out of production for 5 years and that gave me (and a lot of other people) a rash... not good Waat... bad, bad, beauty box!

They released a statement that they weren't aware of this fact and would make it up to us with this box. They also offered the change to return the box and get your money back, so they did fix it properly.

I decided to give them a second chance and I'm really glad I did :D



The box is a beautifull pink box and the products are wrapped in tissue paper, a blue one with a silver ribbon this time. Inside is a card with all the information about the products in this months box.

When I openend the box and saw the products, my eyes immediatley went to one product and I screamed with joy!!! It was a Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain!!! To understand my overpowering joy, you'll have to realize that this product is not sold in The Netherlands and I have been craving one of these for many, many months. I hunted eBay, but wasn't willing to pay $ 20 in shipping for just one balm stain. So I was (and still am) over the moon with this product, I didn't even look at the other products in the box, this was a winning box in my opinion!

The only problem I had was the color (I would have killed for "Honey"). I just told you that I can't wear light, neutral shades with my pale skin (I have a lot of pigment in my lips and I do need color to avoid being mistaken for one of the cast of The Walking Dead). The shade in my box is 035 - Charm.


This is a very light, neutral peach color and I love it, but was sceptical if I could pull it of... But I didn't really care, I was going to do everything in my power to make this work! When I tried it on its own, I was blown away! It looks really soft and pretty! Just a sheer wash of peach on my lips with an incredible shine to it.

 
Well done Waat, well done!!!

When I finally got over my excitement, I openend the box again and saw ANOTHER product I've been coveting, but isn't widely sold here and this time it was in one of the two colors I really want!
Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Bronze

 
 
Be still my heart! This gorgeous liner is a medium brown color with a shimmer. Soft and creamy... glides on the skin, doesn't pull on my eyes... I'm in love.
 
These two products are enough to make me love this months box, but I still have 5 other products to show you. Yep, 5! so 7 in total instead of the normal 5. WAAT kept his promise.
 
 

This product, Deo Free Spray, is a deoderant treatment, developed in The Netherlands to reduce sweating and bacterias caused by this. They claim if you use this spray for 1 - 4 weeks, you'll only need to apply it a few times a week to stay fresh. I've heard good things about this product and am looking forward to trying it.


I think everybody who loves nailpolish has heard about this product. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails. I've never tried it and I don't actually really know how to use it... it just says to apply 2 -3 coats on your nails, but I don't know if you need to use this on its own, or if you can use this as a base coat... will do some more research and get back to you :D



I received another lipproduct in my box, Miss Sporty lipstick in 037 I Like. Well... to be honest... I don't like... the lipstick is very soft and glides onto my lips, but this color... it's a barbie pink and just looks horrible on me! Another case of The Walking Dead I'm afraid. I don't think this is a color that will look good on many people. And the smell... it smells fruity, but in a bad way. I don't like it, it's just to strong for me.This will disappear in my stash, never to be taken out again I think.


I love my make up brushes, and I'm thrilled to see a kabuki brush in the box. I don't own one yet and wanted to try one for a long time. This is the Bourjois Mineral Matte Kabuki Brush. It's on the small side, so I'll have to see if that works, but it's perfect for travelling and it's made of natural hair, so it's extremely soft.


The last product in the box is a necklace. I got the orange ball version and I like it. Nothing special, but it's colorfull and simple with a little sparkle. I will enjoy wearing this.

That's everything for this month. Overall, I'm really happy with this box. I LOVE the Kissable Balm Stain and the Eyeliner. I really don't like the color of the Miss Sporty lipstick, but the formula is nice.

Did you receive this box or something like it? What do you think about the products in this months box?

X

0 comments:

Post a Comment