Essence Pure Skin anti-spot Compact Powder

I few weeks ago I was browsing through the make-up section at Kruidvat and saw a new Essence make-up line: Pure Skin with Clearderm complex. It looked really good and I decided to give the powder a try.

Essence Pure Skin anti-spot Compact Powder says it fights spots and blackheads. On the Essence site, it says it comes in 3 colors, but when you click to see the colors, it gives you 4... It also says it's not available in Belgium and The Netherlands, but I was able to pick it up anyway.

Essence: "Wanted: a radiant, fresh and healthy complexion! The anti-bacterial compact powder mattifies and covers-up irregularities of the skin as well as redness en detail. The clearderm complex contains zinc to specially target pimples and blackheads and ensures a smooth, radiant complexion at any time of the day. Dermatologically tested. Available in three shades."


It comes in 4 colors:

01 - Beige
02 - Sand
03 - Nude
04 - Natural

With my pale skin, I picked up 01 - Beige and it's the perfect color for my skintone.


It's really soft to the touch and gives a nice matte finish. It doesn't give a lot of coverage, but I don't mind that, as I don't like (or need) a lot of coverage in the summer. I usually skip my foundation and just use concealer and a powder. If you like more coverage, this might not be the powder for you.

To apply this powder, I'm using my Real Techniques Powder Brush.


I've been using this powder for almost 2 weeks and so far I'm really happy with it. It keeps my face matte all day and I do notice my skin has been clearing up. If it's really because of this powder... I'm not convinced, but every little bit helps, right?
I do have fairly dry skin, but my T-zone does get oily during the day, especially in summer when the weather is nice.

The best thing about this powder, next to it keeping me matte, is probably the price. You can buy this powder at Kruidvat for only € 2,99.

The bad thing about this powder... the smell...
It has a medicinal smell to it. I can't quite explain what it exactly smells like, but it's not a nice smell. It doesn't linger on my skin thought, so I can deal with it.

Have you tried this powder?

X


2 comments:

  1. I agree with u about the smell...it's not medical...but I can say that it smells really bad..at first, I thought that my brush was smelling bad :p but unfortunately it was the powder.. I like this powder so much but now that I know about the smell I don't know if I will use it again... feeling so disappointed..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with u about the smell...it's not medical...but I can say that it smells really bad..at first, I thought that my brush was smelling bad :p but unfortunately it was the powder.. I like this powder so much but now that I know about the smell I don't know if I will use it again... feeling so disappointed..

    ReplyDelete