July beauty and other stuff favorites

I watch a lot of Youtube video's and one of my favorite things to watch is a favorites video :D So I thought, since I don't do video's, why not make a blogpost with all my July favorites!

This will be my make up and other stuff favorites, I will do a seperate nail polish favorites because if I include those in this post, it would be a mile long...

So here goes!

First is my Urban Decay Naked Palette. I only recently jumped on the Naked band wagon, but I'm kicking myself for waiting this long! This palette, I'm sure I don't have to tell you, is AWESOME!!! I absolutely love it and have used it pretty much every single day since I bought it a few months ago. Most of the time I use it for a complete eye look, but I also use the darker shades as an eye liner with other shadows a lot. I have nothing bad to say about it, the only thing I can think of is that now I want the Naked 2 too!



To make sure my eyeshadow stays all day, I've recently started using Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I ran out of the sample size UD Primer Potion that came with my Naked palette and since Sephora decided to close shop over here, I had to resort to eBay for a replacement. I decided to give Too Faced a go so I could compare it to PP. I have been using it for a little over 2 weeks now and I am liking it way better than PP! It really stays all day and it doesn't accentuate my pores, if that makes any sence...


For my primer I have been loving my Catrice illuminating base. This base is nothing special, it does what it's supposed to do, it makes my skin even and makes my make up last longer. The really great thing about this base is the price: only €4,99!

A big problem with this primer though, is the smell... it smell like peaches... yes, really peaches! But it's a chemical peach scent, not a nice one. And that smell stays for quite a while. So if you can't handle your face smelling like peaches, I'd say skip this product ;)


I have been loving my Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Cool Down. It's rectractable, which I love, creamy, stays all day and gives a lot of color. To top all this off, it's cheap as chips! I payed only € 1,49 for it, you can't beat that! This comes in several colors, so there's a color for everyone.


For my lips I've been loving several products. As my everyday lipbalm I've been using the Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rose. A creamy lip butter that smells like raspberry's.


When I want a neutral color on my lips, I've been gravitating towards MAC Graving. A deep plum color. Yes, this is a neutral color for me, nude shades just make me look sick... I love the Mac lipsticks, they feel really nice on the lips, give a good amount of color and are long lasting.


On the days that I wanted a lot of color, I've been grabbing my Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Shocking Coral. Unfortunately, the vivid shades aren't sold in the Netherlands, but I was lucky enough to grab this one while I was on holiday in France. It's, as the name says, a schoking coral color, that leans a lot to the pink side.



I did hear a rumor that the Vivids will be available in The Netherlands as of August, in 4 shades. So Jeeh!!! I'll definitely be picking up more of these. They feel nice and soft on the lips and stay put really well, although they do transfer like nobody's business.

For my skin care products, I've been loving 2 products. The Bioderma Crealine H2O  has done wonders for my skin. It looks and feels like regular water, but it has made a huge difference. I haven't broken out since using this at all! I love it! This product is also not available in stores here, but I also snatched this one on vacation. I bought 2 big 500ml bottles, so I'm set for a year or so, lol.


The other skin care product I'm loving this month, is Hope in a jar for dry skin by Philosophy. I've been looking for a good day cream for a long, long time, but couldn't find one that I was completely happy with. Usually I was able to use a product for about 2 months and be really  happy about it, but after that it just didn't work anymore or it started to break me out.
This one doesn't seem to do that, but I've only just passed the 2 month mark, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will continue to work for me.



In the summer months my skin tends to get extra dry, so I always make sure to have a nice body lotion or butter at hand. A couple of months ago, I went a little crazy in the 50% off sale at The Body Shop. One of my purchases is the body butter I'm currently using and I absolutely love the scent of it. I am a huge fan of the body butters from The Body Shop in general, but this particular scent is my favorite. Unfortunatelly, it will be discontinued very soon... The Body Shop Sweet Lemon body Butter.



And last for the beauty products, but certainly not least, Lush R&B!
I LOVE this product! It's a hair moisturiser and it makes my hair perfect! Super soft, shiny, non frizzy... I can't rave about this product enough! I received a sample size when I bought shampoo at Lush and I fell head over heels! I finished the sample last week and almost cried, because now I have to go out and buy a full size version and that will set me back € 21 for 100ml... This sounds expensive and it kinda is, but the sample was tiny and it lasted me the better part of a month, so the full size should last me at least six months. And the way it makes my hair look and feel, I think it's more than worth it!

 


My book favorite this month is Pride & Prejudice & Zombies. I can hear you thinking "Huh? Zombies?" Yep, Zombies! It's a twist on the classic Jane Austen novel Pride and Prejudice. The author included zombies in the story and I love it! I am a huge fan of classic English literature and Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorites. I think I've read it about 20 times and still can't get enough. To read the story I love so much with a zombie twist is just awesome! Elizabeth and mr. Darcy totally kick ass!


That's all for this month :D
What are your favorite products?

X




0 comments:

Post a Comment