Butter London Henley Regatta

I was so excited for this polish!!! My first (and only) Butter London polish!!!
When I opened the package and took the bubble wrap of, I squeled. It's just simply stunning! I'm such a patient person, so of course I immediately took of my polish and painted this on my nails.


 

Hmmm... 4 coats and still not opaque... Let's try this again...
This time I painted my nails with 2 coats of China Glaze Turned up Turquoise and topped it with 2 coats of Butter London Henley Regatta.

The formula was perfect and the brush is very nice! Henley is a turquoise micro glitter in a clear base, so this will never be opaque on it's own, but two coats over another polish is plenty. You could even get away with just one, but I like two better.

It was just simply stunning! I couldn't take my eyes of it and the next morning my collegues at work were all drooling over my nails. This picture does not do it justice. It's more sparkly, more alive in real live.

2 coats TuT, 2 coats Henley Regatta, 1 coat SV
I wore this polish proudly and was looking forward to taking beautifull pictures in the sunlight when I got home after work. Untill I noticed someting... I was stunned... this never happens to me...

A CHIP!!!

 
 
Ok, no big deal, this happens a lot aparently, just never to me. I can wear a polish for at least 3 days without chips and I have been know to rock the same polish for 2 weeks with just a bit of tipwear.
To give you an idea, visual proof:
 
Day 8 of wearing China Glaze Ruby Pumps

I got over it, sighed and went back to work (I work in an office, so no major impact on my nails). About 15 minutes later, I glanced at my nails, and was shocked again!
 

ANOTHER CHIP!!!
And a big one too!!! Wat is happening to my nails?

Unfortunately, the horror didn't stop...


 


I couldn't seem to keep this polish on my nails! After about 3 hours, I only had polish on my middle finger left... Even though I absolutely love the color and it applies like a dream, I'm not happy with this polish and I won't be wearing it a lot...
I will be trying it again with a different polish underneath, especially because it's a very expensive polish, but you can imagine this is nog a good start for me and Butter London...
 
I have to admit, if this was a cheap drugtore polish, I would have tossed it.
 
I did wonder if it might have been a combined problem, because TuT always chips on me too... but never this fast, I'm usually able to wear that for at least a day before chipping and it never flakes this bad, so I'm afraid that must be Henley's fault.
But just to make sure, I'll try this with a different polish underneath.
 
 
X
 


1 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete